A Brain for Life Book
Dementia is the #3 killer of Aussie men and #2 of Aussie women - and it's predicted to become the top cause of death for Australians in the near future.
The good news is that how we live has a powerful effect on our brain, and it's never too late to start. This means that by making simple lifestyle changes, we can keep our brains strong as we age and reduce our risk of dementia. This practical, step-by-step guide will help you to build brain power and prevent brain burnout. Neuropsychologist Nicola Gates draws on cutting-edge research to explain the amazing roles our health and fitness, as well as mental activity, play in brain health. And she shares the simple steps we can all take to keep our brains fit and active - for life. Discover:
- Why inflammation is a key dementia risk - and how to avoid it
- Why a healthy gut means a healthy brain
- The heart-brain connection
- The critical link between exercise and brain fitness
- Why your brain wants you to stay social