The Tactile Matching Game uses popular retro textures to unlock personal stories and positive memories in people with mid-late dementia. A delight to the sense of touch, players are encouraged to feel and match the tactile to the image or group them together based on associations. Alternatively, they may wish to simply feel and discuss elements of the textures, such as whether it is soft or coarse.
Especially calming for people in the late stages of dementia, this activity can support cognitive stimulation therapy which has proven to be a powerful tool in the care of people living with dementia. The Tactile Matching Game can be played independently or with multiple players and includes conversation prompts such as “What does this surface remind you of?”
Key product features:
- Mid-Late Stages
- Game dimensions: 29cm x 22cm x 2cm
- 6 x Tactile Tiles: 75mm x 75mm
- High contrast images aid vision impairment
- Includes conversation prompts
- Reminiscent images and textures
- A soothing and calming activity
- A tactile toy for dementia
- Strengthens connections, builds pride and purpose
How to play:
Place the tiles around the box. Choose one at a time and explore the feeling and texture of the surface. Match the tile to the image inside the box. Use the conversation prompts to discuss textures.
Handwash tiles with a mild detergent as required.